Thursday, July 5, 2007

companys coming

I get a night off tonight. I do not have to watch a baseball game. I do not have to listen to the same stories. I do not have to carry on two conversations at once.

Every evening I get into my car and drive to my parents house and my husband gets into his truck and goes to his mothers. We meet back at home a few hours later to relax and talk about our day. This is our life. He has been on this schedule for a number of years and mine is a recent thing. My dad is in the early stages of Alzheimers, and last week had another mini stroke.

But tonight, my mothers second cousin and husband are in town and are going to see them. This couple normally spend the entire day and into the night, but surprisingly mom told them to come after dinner for dessert. During last years visit, the cousin asked if my parents minded if she went to lay down for a nap, when she woke up he went into the bedroom and took his nap. You need to realize that they are at least 20 years younger than my parents. My parents didn't get their afternoon nap that day.

So I'm going over now to drop a few things off that they need and then come home and not leave the house for the entire night! Unfortunately it is sleep over night for my husband at his mothers.

No comments: