Tuesday, July 3, 2007

edith

Sitting in the waiting room today at my fathers doctors appointment, I had plenty of time to come up with what I thought were a few good ideas for a name for my new blog. Tonight during my almost nightly phone call from my daughter, she came up with what is the perfect new title. We have been talking about doing a blog for months, but neither one of us has taken that first step. She sent me a link to a blog that she read yesterday and called to see what I thought of it. Not knowing that I had decided to start this tonight, or that I had come up with what I thought was a great name, she said "when you start blogging you could call your blog I'm No Edith Bunker"

Here is the back story to this... A few months ago, during one of our phone calls she asked me how old I thought Edith Bunker was? She had just watched an episode of All in the Family on one of the cable networks. After a few seconds of thought, I realized I wasn't going to like the answer. All in the Family ran from January 12, 1971 through April 8, 1979. The Edith Bunker character bio lists her birth date as 1925. That makes her character 46 years old when the show began and 54 years old when it ended. As much as I hate to admit it, Edith was younger than I am now for most of that shows run. It was a chilling thought, but my daughter did reassure me that I am much younger than Edith ever was.

No comments: